- What to do & what not to do when your personal injury claim occurs:
- Take as many pictures as you can of the scene where the incident occurred. For example, in a car accident claim, take pictures showing the damages to all vehicles involved. In a slip and fall premise liability claim, take pictures of the condition that caused you to fall. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words, as they say.
- Seek medical treatment immediately at an emergency room, emergency clinic or with your family doctor. Failure to seek medical treatment will seriously hurt your ability to recover personal injury compensation from your personal injury claim.
- Never give a recorded statement to anyone without a lawyer present. That statement can and will be used against you at a later date by the insurance companies.
- Call Wes Klinger Law Office, PLLC and get us involved early in your personal injury claim/lawsuit process. Things go better that way.
- I do not have health insurance. Can you help me find a doctor that will treat my injuries?
In most cases, yes. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we can assist you in obtaining medical treatment from a medical provider or chiropractor. Please remember: If you have been seriously injured you should seek medical treatment immediately regardless of whether or not you plan to hire an attorney. Your health is more important than any compensation you may receive later.
- When will my case settle?
This is a difficult, yet common question. Each personal injury case is different because each injury is different. The length of treatment and recovery from a soft tissue, whiplash type case is expected to be much less than the treatment and recovery from a case involving surgery and prolonged physical therapy. It is our goal to make sure ALL your medical bills and expenses are compensated so I need to make sure you and your doctors are confident with your medical situation before we negotiate a personal injury settlement for your injuries.
Another factor that may determine how quickly your case settles is proving that the other party is responsible for your injury. This requires investigation and the know-how to prove that you were injured as a result of someone else’s negligence. For over 32 years, this is what I have done. Let me help you get compensation for the medical expenses and other personal injury damages you have incurred as the result of someone else’s negligence.
- How much is my case worth?
This is the most common question asked. WE have to know the full extent of your personal injuries before answering this question. Each personal injury claim is different and that is because each injury is different. The amount of your personal injury settlement is going to depend on numerous factors. The most important of those factors is the ability of your medical providers to directly relate your injuries to the accident. This makes medical treatment absolutely essential to any personal injury case, including yours. If you have been injured in an accident, early and immediate medical treatment is a must. Never delay your treatment or miss doctor appointments.
- How much will I owe you when my case settles?
The amount of attorney fees is completely dependant on the amount of your settlement. You never need to bring your checkbook to my office. I work on a “contingency fee” basis which means I receive a contractual percentage directly from the settlement. When the case settles, you will owe the amount stated on the Power of Attorney agreement from the personal injury recovery only. If there is no settlement on your case, you will owe me nothing.
- When will you file a lawsuit on my case?
It is our goal to settle each case directly with the negligent party’s insurance company. When you hire me, we will make a “claim” with the insurance carrier and exhaust all our efforts to settle with them before filing a personal injury lawsuit. Lawsuits are very costly and sometimes delayed in the Courts for lengthy periods of time. That being said, I will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf if a settlement directly with the insurance company reaches an impasse. I have 32 years of experience in personal injury/wrongful death lawsuits and would be honored to help you receive the injury compensation you deserve-in or out of the Courtroom.